August Club Meeting 2022




2200 Garfield Ave NW
Olympia, WA 98502
United States

At O'Malleys

Event Details

Club meeting to discuss club financials and all disc golf happenings in the south sound.

Meeting Notes



08/11/2022 6:30 pm, At Westside Lanes (O’Malleys)

President: John Anderson

Vice President: Josh Kendall

Treasurer: Mark Hill

Secretary: Jeff Snowden

At Large: Grandpa Dave



  1. Account Balance, assets, and location of assets
    1. Current Balance:  $6162.93, Paypal $667,
    2. Current assets:
      1. Two Tables burned (Mark), two table non burned (Mark) Pop Up Canopy(Rob B), Score point (GPD), large cooler (GPD)
      2. Club Discs (Mark), Glow discs from Scott Lake (Josh)
      3. Brush Trimmer (GPD), chain saw and accessories (Rob B), Wheelbarrow (GPD)
      4. Club trailer with 18 Mach 5s, 1 Donated Mach 3 w/ 21 locks painted brown w/ trailer and the rental baskets, A Frames (Rented)
    3. Keys to WCC Baskets (John, Mark, Rick, GPD, Josh, Jeff)
    4. Keys to Trailers baskets are with trailer (John has extra, Mark has extra door key)
    5. SPSDGA Sign (Jeff)
    6. Keys to L&F
      1. Woodland (Rick, GPD, John and Dubs Binder)
      2. Evergreen L&F (Rob, John, and John M)
    7. Traffic Cones (Trailer, GPD, Gilbys)
    8. Membership
      1. 2022 -  156
  2. New Agenda Items
    1. Lost Discs
      1. Lots of them, program working very well
      2. Currently PackEx has 200 discs at the shop
      3. PackEx would like to reduce the cost to the club to $4 instead of $5 per disc due to the time it takes to contact everyone
        1. Motion put in front of board, 2nded
        2. Motion passed
    2. Evergreen Sportsman's Club
      1. Contacted John about disc golf on their property, they are close to Mima Mounds near Rochester
      2. Right around 24 holes can be put into the property is the estimate
      3. They are meeting soon to discuss disc golf
        1. SPSDGA proposal would be pay to play $10 all day
        2. SPSDGA would be committed to building it and maintaining it
    3. Non Profit Status for the Club
      1. Proposal to look into a federally recognized non profit status like the Kitsap club
      2. John will research and report back to the club his findings
    4. Next Steps at Evergreen
      1. Proposal to pour a 5x5 slab of concrete between 10-13s tee pad for port-a-potty to be set up and used during tournaments
        1. 2nded and passed
        2. Mark will look into location and viability of this
      2. Idea around Geoduck Open a 3 round, two day event
        1. C Tier
        2. Idea to have in June around Beaver State Fling timelines to encourage players that are in town for that to play here
      3. Ideas around second sleeve locations at Evergreen
      4. Potential new area of property off F lot
    5. Bag Tag Updates
      1. 3 more events left + finals
      2. Next event is at evergreen
        1. August 27th, shotgun start, 8:45 am player meeting, discs in the air at 9
      3. Finals right now will be 20 people, lunch in between last bag tag event and finals
        1. Players entry fees will pay for the lunch
      4. Will do it PackEx cup style
        1. With bonus strokes to top players, etc
      5. Motion made to allow bag tag winner to get free entry into Woodland Creek Classic 2023
        1. 2nded
        2. Passed
        3. Josh will let Jeff and Mark know the winner of bag tag for free entry into Woodland Creek Classic 11 in 2023
    6. Excess club swag / plastic
      1. Lots of left over swag from previous years events
      2. Left overs including discs, hats, towels, etc
      3. Mark will sell stuff at Dubs on a discount, and the club will purse trying to offload the extra plastic and swag
    7. South Sound Classic Wrap Up
      1. Lots of interest and love for the 3 different courses
      2. Some improvement needed on caddy book
      3. Will be back next year around same time of year!
    8. Sponsorship Tiers
      1. A list of sponsorship tiers for our events was made Pre-Covid
      2. Never got utilized as during covid the businesses were not willing to fundraise or put money towards other events they didn’t already have a relationship with
      3. We will review and revise the sponsorship tiers if needed and start to utilize this again in 2023
    9. Club Fundraiser Discs
      1. $20 a piece
      2. will be available at PackEx or with some board members
    10. New Membership Pricing
      1. Thought to raise prices with new improvements the club continues to add including bag tag entry on the website which has increased our hosting costs, and improvements at Woodland, Evergreen and Delphi.  We continue to put the money you pay for your membership back into the events and courses you love to play
      2. Motion to raise club membership to $25
        1. 2nded
        2. Motion passes
        3. 2023 Club membership will change from $20 and will now be $25
    11. Website Hosting Costs
      1. Proposal to use $1 per every person to play in the bag tag events to be used for the website costs
      2. Motion maid
        1. 2nded
        2. Passed
    12. Elections
      1. Nominations will be taken starting in Sept for a vote in October
        1. Nominations will close 1 week prior to voting at Oct Club Meeting
      2. Board members get a spot on Team Oly or first right of refusal on the team for 2023
      3. Nominations can be sent to
    13. Woodland Creek Classic
      1. Idea of SPSDGA invitational in the spring of 2023 and move Woodland creek classic to the fall, this allows our members only to play the special 20 hole layout first, and then moves the traditional fundraising C tier event to the fall
      2. Also idea of doubling the capacity of the fall tournament, doing AMs saturday and Pro + MA1 on sunday for 2023
      3. SPS invitational 2 rounds of 20 layout 1 day idea
        1. Then South Sound Classic BYOP Fundraiser the next day
      4. More to come on this idea
    14. 2023 Woodland Creek Classic
      1. Jeff has announced the 2023 classic will be his final classic running the event
        1. If you are interested in learning how to be a TD and run a event please reach out to Jeff Snowden and Mark Hill
        2. Planning for the 2023 WCC will start in Oct / Nov
  3. 2022 Events
    1. Evergreen Equinox 2022
      1. August 20th and 21st, Mixed event
      2. Signs ups are on Disc Golf Scene
      3. Rob Beach is the TD for this event
        1. The event will not have a players pack, instead your signups will go to payouts
      4. Most likely changing to 1 day event, more to come on this
    2. Odus Fall Open
      1. Sept 16-18 2022, 3 day event
      2. 1st round at Evergreen
      3. 2nd and 3rd rounds at Delphi
      4. Looking for event donations still as well.  SPS Raffle will be held at Delphi saturday for Odus fall open, you do not need to be present to win
      5. Will need a few people to help set up the morning of the event and a spotter will be needed
  4. Course Updates
    1. Woodland Creek
    2. Delphi
      1. Has tee signs, 2 are getting fixed
      2. Tournament central and making it gravel and flat to set up two tents
    3. Evergreen
      1. Tee signs are in the works
  5. New Disc Golf Course Leads
    1. None at this time
  6. Anything Missed
    1. None at this time
  7. Thank you for being SPSDGA