Meeting Notes

Meeting Notes

10/27/2021 6:00 At the Reef

President: John Anderson

Vice President: Josh Kendall  

Treasurer: Mark Hill

Secretary: Jeff Snowden

At Large: Grandpa Dave

 

 

  1. Account Balance, assets, and location of assets
    1. Current Balance:  $5220.89, Paypal $1833.11, Savings $7970.26 (WA Team Disc Golf Funds)
    2. Current assets: 
      1. Two Tables burned (Mark), two table non burned (GPD) Pop Up Canopy(GPD), Score point (GPD), large cooler (Daves)
      2. Club Discs (Mark), Glow discs from Scott Lake (John) 
      3. Brush Trimmer (Josh), chain saw and gas can (Mark), Wheelbarrow (Josh)
      4. Club trailer with 18 Mach 5s, 1 Donated Mach 3 (Bellingham Rental)
      5. 21 locks painted brown w/ trailer and the rental baskets
    3. Keys to WCC Baskets (John, Mark, Rick, GPD, Josh, Jeff) 
    4. Keys to Trailers baskets (GPD)
    5. SPSDGA Sign (Jeff) 
    6. Keys to L&F (Rick, GPD) 
    7. 5 baskets - slated for woodland expansion (4 in the ground at woodland, 1 at GPDs)
    8. Traffic Cones (Gilberts and GPDs) 
    9. Membership -  2021 - Final 108
      1. 2022 -  30
  2. Current Events
    1. Quack of Dawn at Delphi
      1. 1st week was great, 2nd week was not awesome, weather didn’t help 2nd week, no event this weekend and play resumes Nov 6th
      2. Saturdays through the middle of December
      3. $20 for non members, $15 for SPSDGA members and signups on disc golf scene
    2. Bag Tag 2021
      1. 32 people signed up for the final event
      2. Temporary 18 hole course at WCP
      3. Raffle items available 
        1. Grip 6 belt
        2. Basket
        3. Discs
        4. Range Finder
      4. Website score adding has worked well
      5. 8:45 am players meeting, 9 am tee off
      6. Raffle items are still being accepted, and you can bring them day of to the event
      7. vii.Motion made to donate 5 discs to the raffle
        1. 2nded
        2. Passed
      8. viii. Motion made to include 1 free sign up for WCC 10 to the raffle
        1. 2nded
        2. Passed
  3. New Agenda Items
    1. Woodland Creek Expansion Progress
      1. Holes are in the progress of being installed
      2. Basket locations are being cleared
      3. Frame for tee pads will be purchased shortly
      4. Concrete truck and pads will be installed soon weather dependent
      5. Public will be notified when the holes are playable
    2. Team Oly Uniforms
      1. Carhart black sweatshirts
      2. PackEx sponsor
      3. Other sponsorships being accepted 
        1. Any board member can be talked to for Team Oly sponsorships
          1. Sponsorships must be locked in prior to the end of November
          2. Sponsorships are $100 per 
    3. Non - Election Results 
      1. We do not have to vote this year.  All board members will continue to keep their positions as no additional nominations were received from our player base
      2. Team Oly 2022 members
        1. Jeff Snowden
        2. John Anderson
        3. Mark Hill
        4. Grandpa Dave
        5. Gilby
        6. Steve Pierce
        7. Chris May
        8. John McCarty
        9. Backup is Josh Kendall
    4. Evergreen Work Party Requirements and Rules
      1. Are there specific Covid Rules in place?
      2. What waivers are needed to be able for the club to work out there?
      3. What does Evergreen facilities crew need for us to work?
      4. Immediate needs are the crossing on hole 3 over the culvert and the trees down on hole 11 
    5. Portable Course in Bellingham
      1. Had an event and it went well
      2. Still installed at the course
      3. Possibility of 3 more events at the course up north
    6. Glow Golf at Delphi
      1. Golf course committee meeting at Delphi and they were brainstorming ideas of making more money in the winter
      2. Glow fundraiser at Delphi for Seasons  of the Duties?
        1. J Nice needs some fundraising for her event
          1. Possibly first event could be used as a partial fundraiser for her event
      3. Possibly start at 5 be off the course at 8 am
      4. Regular glow season at Delphi?
        1. 13th or 20th of november for the fundraiser
    7. 2022 Board Members
      1. John Anderson - President
      2. Josh Kendall - Vice President
      3. Mark Hill - Treasurer
      4. Jeff Snowden - Secretary
      5. Grandpa Dave - At Large
    8. 2022 Team Oly Members
      1. John Anderson
      2. Josh Kendall
      3. Mark Hill
      4. Jeff Snowden
      5. Grandpa Dave
      6. Gilby
      7. vii.John McCarty
      8. viii.Steve Pierce
      9. Chris May
      10. Josh Kendall - As needed
    9. Putting League?
      1. Dyno Steves is a no go this year
        1. They have too many motorcycles in there warehouse
      2. Church close to Woodland has been contacted
      3. King Salomans ?
  4. Future Events 2022
    1. Woodland Creek Classic 10
      1. Same time as last year but TBD based on availability
      2. Ideas to make the 10th running of the event special?
        1. What do you want to see in the 10th running of this event?
      3. Raffle items and any old memorabilia are being accepted - please message Jeff Snowden or Mark Hill
      4. May 21st and 22nd is preferred but we will see what the A tier dates are and the date will be confirmed
    2. South Sound Classic 2022
      1. July (hopefully)
      2. A tier application will be submitted shortly 
      3. PackEx Disc Golf will be title sponsor if A Tier
      4. Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the event
      5. 3 headed monster
        1. Delphi
        2. Woodland
        3. Evergreen
          1. Other option is 3rd round at Shelton springs blacks but more to come
  5. Course Updates 
    1. Woodland Creek
      1. See above
    2. Delphi
      1. 5 more tee pads need finished
        1. Will be installed before the Odus Spring Open
      2. Tee signs need done
        1. No stipulations on the tee signs right now
    3. Evergreen
      1. Replacement of Sleeve for practice basket
      2. Path between hole 13 and 14 has been cleared of downed tree limbs and is useable again
      3. Rocks on hole 3 over culvert
      4. Hole 11 trees need cleared asap
  6. New Disc Golf Course Leads
    1. Nothing at this time
  7. Anything Missed
    1. November 10 is the next meeting for the Greg Cuoio park development
  8. Thank you for being SPSDGA
Show More
Meeting Notes

09/28/2021 6:00 At the Reef

President: John Anderson

Vice President: Josh Kendall  

Treasurer: Mark Hill

Secretary: Jeff Snowden

At Large: Grandpa Dave

  1. Account Balance, assets, and location of assets
    1. Current Balance:  $4561.89, Paypal $1313.03, $7970.19 Savings
    2. Current assets: 
      1. Two Tables burned (Mark), two table non burned (1 with John, 1 in trailer) Pop Up Canopy(Trailer), Second Pop Up Canopy(Mark) Score point (Trailer), large cooler (Daves)
      2. Club Discs (Mark), Glow discs from Scott Lake (John) 
      3. Brush Trimmer (Josh), chain saw and gas can (Mark), Wheelbarrow (Josh)
      4. Club trailer with 18 Mach 5s, 1 Donated Mach 3 (GPD)
    3. Keys to Baskets (John, Mark, Rick, GPD, Josh, Jeff) 
    4. SPSDGA Sign (Jeff) 
    5. Keys to L&F (Rick, GPD, Dubs for WCC) 
    6. 5 baskets - slated for woodland expansion (GPDs)
    7. Traffic Cones (Gilberts) 
    8. wMembership -  2021 - Final 108
      1. 2022 - 31 
  2. Upcoming events in 2021
    1. Quack of Dawn
      1. Saturday mornings
      2. 10 week league
      3. Begins in Oct and ends before Christmas
      4. Disc Golf Scene again this year, and pick your tee time
      5. $15 for SPSDGA members, $20 for Non SPSDGA membership
      6. Once you pick a division you can’t switch
      7. Paypal for payouts
  3. Past Events
    1. Odus Fall Open
      1. It went well, it was wet, very wet
      2. Kyle Crabtree took down 1st in MPO
  4. New Agenda Items
    1. Basket Rental
      1. First rental with Pierce County this weekend.  Will rent them through Monday.
      2. We need to finalize a rental equipment list including keys, equipment, etc in a bin as well as an itemized list 
      3. Look into pricing adjustments based on the tier of the tournament, and time needed
      4. Next steps for trailer and basket rentals:
        1. Itemized list of contents including wheel, locks, paint, a frames, tools, etc
        2. Lockable shelving units for variable pricing of rental equipment
        3. Finalize pricing for equipment as time goes on
        4. 19 locks and 3 more cables needed for the trailer
    2. Bag Tag Updates
      1. 2 events so far
        1. 30 people at 1st event
        2. 21 people at 2nd event
      2. 80 tags out in the wild right now
      3. Online system is working well
      4. Next event is Oct 9th at Delphi with two divisions
      5. Finals will be available on disc golf scene with a player pack
    3. Trailer Updates
      1. Design
        1. Still in progress and will be updated in the next few weeks
      2. Repacking bearings on trailer
        1. We want to make sure we catch the bearings ahead of the maintenance schedule 
          1. Nominated to fix, and seconded, motion passed with those in attendance 
    4. Woodland Creek Classic 10
      1. Same time as last year but TBD based on availability
      2. Dime Idea for stamp
      3. Ideas to make the 10th running of the event special
      4. Anyone with memorability of past tournaments that you are willing to get rid please reach out to Jeff Snowden
    5. South Sound Classic 2022
      1. July (hopefully)
      2. A tier application will be submitted shortly 
      3. PackEx Disc Golf will be title sponsor
      4. Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the event
      5. 3 headed monster
        1. Delphi
        2. Woodland
        3. Evergreen
      6. Club may need a 3rd TD but more information to come at a later date
    6. 2022 Board Member Nominations and Team Oly
      1. All Current Board members are nominated for next year
      2. Nominations are open now through Oct 20th for Team Oly and Board members
      3. Anyone nominated will have to speak to the attendees at the club meeting on Oct 27
      4. All current club members will be emailed an option to vote and will be emailed Oct 26th 24hrs roughly ahead of the meeting, and will need to have their votes in by 5:00 pm unless you are attending the meeting.  Proxy votes must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the 27th
  5. Course Updates 
    1. Woodland Creek
      1. Expansion needed.  Rick Gill is not waiting patiently for this opportunity
      2. Markers for putting baskets 
        1. Two practice baskets
          1. Will put into Hole 10 (WCC layout) first and then see how it works
          2. Round 9 on one of the baskets and x pattern on the other
    2. Delphi
      1. Needs 5 pads, and will need Tee Signs before Odus Spring Open
    3. Evergreen
      1. Course is playing smooth right now and most of the fairways are well beat in
      2. Locks and sleeves needs cleaned out to evergreen
      3. Practice basket sleeve needs cleaned out
      4. Signage needs done at evergreen 
      5. A few trees needs cut up and cleaned
      6. Cross over into 3 will need looked into with rocks or culvert
  6. New Disc Golf Course Leads
    1. Nothing at this time
  7. Anything Missed
    1. Putting League
      1. Chandler is still on board as well as Dyno Steve
      2. Dynos will need to borrow baskets
      3. Timeframe will be dependent on Chandlers availability and more to come by next club meeting
  8. Thank you for being SPSDGA
Show More